Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Hooah, and stuff

"Army Wives" (Lifetime, Sun., 10:00): The power was out on lower Queen Anne for most of Sunday night so I'm just now getting the chance to watch one of my favorite Sunday night shows.

I dated a soldier a few years back and shortly after we met he deployed to Iraq. All that writing back and forth really gave me an appreciation of how serious it is over there and how difficult it is to see a fellow soldier die in the field. Now every time I see a man in uniform, it makes me feel sad, but proud. That's how I felt watching this episode. Jeremy finally returned home from Iraq, just a few weeks after one of his buddies was killed by a sniper's bullet that could have easily taken him out moments before. You can see the guilt about to boil over. And how touching was it for him to visit the family of that fallen soldier and give the details of the last moments of his life.

So you have a young soldier returning home, and then there's Lt. Colonel Joan Burton deploying. Her baby is not even a year old and she's leaving for a war zone. When she asked Roland if they could say goodbye at home instead of at the airfield so she could remain strong in front of her soldiers, I lost it! But of course little Sarah Elizabeth gets sick soon after Joan leaves. Do you think it was right for Roland not to tell Joan the baby was ill? If you were in Joan's shoes would you want to know?

Pamela and Chase are headed down a slippery slope. Being married to a soldier who's in Special Ops and can't divulge anything about his missions would be enough to kill any relationship. Throw in the fact that he's hiding something. I think Pamela is right: Chase does care more about Delta than he does his family. But that's just my single-woman opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell it like it is!