Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Weekend Update

"Ghost Whisperer" (CBS, Fri., 8:00) picks up with Melinda giving birth to a baby boy then he immediately undergoes what soap fans call R.S.O.A.S. (Rapid Soap Opera Aging Syndrome). You've seen it. Little Tommy goes into the bathroom as a toddler and returns in the next scene as T.J., the teen heartthrob. The show skips ahead 5 years with Jim looking like he'd aged at least 10 and Melinda carting around a kid who looks 12, not 5. And speaking of Melinda, it must be written in J.Love's contract not to age her character, because she looked like she was fresh out of the womb (or off the Botox table). Question: Why kill off Jim if you're only going to "ghost" him back as some other character, then turn him back into Jim again? Melinda may soon be seeing me in one of her visions because this show is killing me.

I love the relationship between Gus and Shawn on "Psych" (USA, Fri., 10:00). I was two weeks behind on the episodes so I ended up watching them through On Demand. How genius to tie in the show's theme song with the storyline. In "Bollywood Homicide" they did a cool version of the song in Hindi and the names were in some language I will never be able to decipher. And in the "High Top Fade Out" episode they did an acapella doo-wop version of the song by whom I can only assume was Boyz II Men. The look on Shawn's face when he found out Gus was in a singing group was nothing but pure hilarity. The Bollywood episode was funny, but they were trying a little to hard to get in every Indian stereotype you could imagine.

Some funny lines heard on "Desperate Housewives" (ABC, Sun., 9:00):
Carlos's niece Ana, complaining about not being able to wear a sexy shirt: "All the girls in my class dress like this."
Gabrielle: "That's why your school nurse is an obstetrician."

Tom: "Yum, what do I smell?"
Lynette: "Despair, mortality, paralyzing fear."
Tom: "Oh, I thought it was waffles."

Lynette, angry about being pregnant with twins ... again: "We will never be done if we birth two when one moves out. That's just math."

Gabrielle: "She's one dead dog away from a country song."

Orson: "You do realize while in prison I went three whole years without any sex."
Bree: "No, but thank you for clearing up a question I never quite knew how to ask."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell it like it is!